TriStat™ ESD-Safe Polycarbonate (PC) Filament
Our unique ESD-Safe Polycarbonate (PC) is a drop-in for Fortus™ printers that are capable of running PC. No changes are necessary since we formulated our ESD-PC to be 100% compatible with your PC-capable Fortus printer
TriStat™ ESD PC is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind using premium polycarbonate resin and then compounded according to a proprietary formulation of carbon additives and process / dispersion modifiers - giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Benefits of Polycarbonate include:
- High Thermal Properties: 147°C Tg
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage
- Excellent mechanical properties / ductility / impact resistance
Benefits of TriStat™ include:
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for TriStat™ ESD Polycarbonate: 10^6 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.