TriStat™ ESD-Safe ULTEM™ (PEI) Filament
Our unique ESD-Safe Ultem™ Polyether Imide (PEI) was formulated for your Fortus™ printer. TriStat™ ESD Ultem™ PEI is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection, high thermal properties, high mechanical properties, and it is inherently flame retardant. Manufactured with consistency in mind using Sabic Ultem™ PEI resin and then compounded according to a proprietary formulation of carbon additives and process / dispersion modifiers - giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Printer compatibility: Stratasys Fortus™ printers utilizing the Classic EEPROM chip and capable of printing Ultem 1010. We can unlock your Fortus™ 360mc and 400mc so you can print this material if your machine is not licensed for Ultem 1010 (HERE). Please contact us at email@example.com if you want more information on this service.
Benefits of ESD-Ultem™ PEI include:
- High Thermal Properties: 217°C Tg, 205°C HDT @ 1.8MPa
- Consistent surface resistivity 10^6 to 10^7 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method
- Inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability (amorphous with low creep sensitivity and low/uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) with highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Very good resistance to a broad range of chemicals
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
ULTEM™ is a registered trademark of Sabic Innovative Plastics.