TriMax™ PEI, Made using ULTEM™ 1010
We manufacture this ultra-performance 3D printing filament using ULTEM™ 1010 PEI (polyether imide) resin. PEI is an amorphous, high-performance polymer that combines excellent thermal properties, exceptional dimensional stability, inherent flame retardancy, and good chemical resistance. Filaments made using ULTEM™ 1010 resin offer the ability to create parts with excellent properties at elevated temperatures due to a high glass transition temperature (Tg) of 217°C.
Ultem® 1010 resin is manufactured by Sabic Innovative Polymers and is one of the leading high-performance polymers in the plastics industry. We use the same ULTEM™ PEI resin that Stratasys uses - but we charge you 33% less - and offer free global shipping! Why pay more.
Please note - the chip supplied is for the Classic style chip and not the new Plus chip.
Product attributes include:
- High thermal properties: (Tg) of 217°C
- Inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
Automotive / Transportation Applications: ULTEM™ PEI resins provide automotive manufacturers with a high performance, chemically resistant, thermally-stable, cost-effective alternative to metal that is strong enough to replace steel in some applications and light enough to replace aluminum in others. For applications like transmission components, throttle bodies, ignition components, sensors and thermostat housings,
Electrical / Electronics Applications: ULTEM™ PEI resin may be an excellent material choice for today’s demanding electrical applications, including connectors, MCB components like housings, shafts and levers, hard disk drive internals, FOUP’s, BiTS, PCB’s, MCCB internals, Plenum devices, LCD projector internals, fuel cell components and many other applications.
Tech Data and Safety Data Sheets
ULTEM™ is a registered trademark of Sabic Innovative Plastics.
Triton manufactures this filament made using Sabic ULTEM™ 1010 PEI resin.